Sheet Matala Black
Low Density Black Matala
Matala presents the latest generation of filtration media. This lightweight, versatile product is made of curly fiber thermo-polypropylene compunds and is non-toxic to the environment.
The Black Matala can be used as a support grate for other layers of media due to its very sturdy and open design. In a settling chamber the Black will slow down and trap very large particles and hair algae.
When you use the Black or Green Matala for solids filtering you may use the garden hose to spray clean them. The dirt falls off very easily.
The various densities can be used in sequence or separately for unique filtration requirements. This is one of the greatest characteristics which Matala has to offer. No other media on the market can perform this step-wise filtration. Matala effectively separates large particles to small and still maintains a very aerobic and free flow of water without channeling.
Matala is slightly buoyant and will not sink to the bottom of your filter. Matala stood vertically on end will not float. Matala stacked horizontally will hold each other down.
Due to it's rigidity the Matala can be wedged in place in the filter without support.
One sheet of Matala has the following characteristics:
- Approximately 48" x 39" x 1.5" (120cm x 100cm x 4cm)
- Weight per sheet is between 8 to 10 pounds depending on density.
- One sheet is 13 sq.ft.
- 8 sq.ft. equals 1 cubic ft of media.
- One full sheet equals 1.6 cubic feet or 12 gallon volume.
- Semi-rigid, self-supporting and non-brittle.
- Specific gravity: 0.95. Slightly buoyant.
- Made of EVA material - Nontoxic to environment.